UK PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR SETTLEMENT APPLICATIONS ALSO KNOWN AS INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN (ILR) OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY (PR)
Becoming a permanent resident in the United Kingdom allows you to remain in the UK for an indefinite period without any visa and immigration restriction. However, you may not be allowed to be out of the UK for over two (2) years unless there are exceptional circumstances such as mental and health issues, otherwise permanent resident status may be revoked.
Being a permanent resident allows you to work, live and do business without restriction in the United Kingdom.
You may wish to consider applying under any of the following circumstances:
- Shortly prior to the expiry of a 2 year marriage visa
- Shortly prior to the expiry of a 5 year ancestry visa
- Once having held work permit status in the UK for 5 years
- Once having legally spent 10 years in the UK as legal migrants (PBS Students)
- Once having spent 20 years in the UK (illegal migrants)
- Once having spent continuous 5 years in UK as an investor
- Once having spent continuous 5 years in UK as a writer, composer, or artist
- Once having spent continuous 5 years in UK as a retired person of independent means.
Most applicants for ILR will be required to have passed the English test requirement AND (not or) Life in the UK Test.
For further information about the above please call or email us.